Olivia Newton-John released her debut album If Not For You (self-titled Olivia Newton-John in the UK) following her first two hit singles, the Bob Dylan penned “If Not For You” (UK #7, US Pop #25, US AC #1, Australia #7) and traditional murder ballad “Banks Of The Ohio” (UK #6, US Pop #94, US AC #34, Australia #1). If Not For You is the album that introduced the world to Olivia and her beautifully expressive voice.
LP (12 tracks), 2 x CD (29 tracks)
- Exceptional sound quality – the recordings have been remastered from the original master tapes. Recorded at the legendary Abbey Road Studios.
- This is the very first time in 50 years that the album has been remastered.
- The LP includes the original 12-song album pressed on 180 gram heavyweight vinyl.
- The 2 CD set contains the original 12-song album alongside 17 bonus tracks including b-sides, alternate versions, foreign language recordings and previously unreleased material, plus Olivia’s very first single from 1966 – “Till You Say You’ll Be Mine”
- The vinyl LP is packaged in a gorgeous gatefold jacket with a custom inner sleeve.
- The CD contains a full-colour 32-page booklet featuring liner notes, discography, lyrics, comprehensive credits, and a personal introduction by Olivia.
- Liner notes written by renowned music journalist and founding member of Saint Etienne, Bob Stanley.
- The discography section of the booklet presents a detailed list of every single and album Olivia released from 1966 through 1971.
That is the period of time from the release of her debut single to the third and final single from her debut album. Each entry provides the title, label, selection number, configuration, release date, territory, and peak chart position.
All 12 songs on the original were produced by members of The Shadows – Grammy Award® winner, John Farrar (pronounced Far‘-rah) and Bruce Welch.
The 50th anniversary deluxe edition of If Not For You is available in four formats – 2 x CD and180 gram heavyweight vinyl LP
The CD and digital formats feature the same tracklist.